How to chat safely on Interactive Male gay phone chat
Interactive Male is a safe, discreet place where gay curious men can hook up over the phone and live out their erotic fantasies. There are no paid operators or actors in your gay hotline number – only real, live men who want to get on and get off with the right partner or partners.
You can get started right away with our free gay chatline trial and when you’re ready, commit yourself fully with our affordable packages.
If you’re a little concerned about your personal safety when using a gay chatline, here are some safety tips to help put your mind at ease. There really is only one rule: Exercise common sense.
- Take it slow - Instant connections can be deceiving. If he seems too good to be true, maybe he is. Watch for odd behavior or inconsistencies. Trust your instincts. If anything makes you uncomfortable, walk away for your own safety and protection.
- Protect your identity - Interactive Male is always private and confidential. There are no photos, and no questionnaires, and when you’re finished chatting, there is no searchable information online. Whether you’re gay curious or out, your personal information is safe from prying eyes. Only you can make the decision to share your personal information. For your own safety, never give away identifying information. And if you’re feeling pressured by a caller who wants it, stop communicating with him.
- Meet when YOU are ready - You never have to meet in person with anyone through our gay networking lines. And even if you decide to arrange a meeting, you always have the right to change your mind. Trust your gut feelings. And if you mutually decide to take your relationship to the next level, be smart and protect yourself. Interactive Male assumes no responsibility for personal meetings.
- Check his background - Because privacy is of the highest importance, Interactive Male doesn’t conduct background checks on our members. However, we encourage members to do it for their own safety prior to meeting with anyone. Ask questions. Do an Internet search. Follow your head and not your heart. If you encounter someone underage, please be responsible and alert our customer service team.
- Watch for red flags - Pay attention to displays of anger, intense frustration or attempts to pressure or control you. Acting in a passive-aggressive manner, making demeaning or disrespectful comments or any physically inappropriate behavior are all red flags.
- Meet in a safe place - If you choose to meet, always tell a friend where you are going and when you will return. Leave your date's name and telephone number with your friend. Rather than have your date pick you up at your home, meet him in a familiar restaurant or coffee shop. Refrain from drinking excessively, as it could impair your ability to make good decisions. If at some point you and your date decide to move to another location, consider taking your own car.
- Take extra precautions away from home - If you are flying in from another city, arrange for your own car and hotel room. Do not disclose the name of your hotel and never allow your date to make the arrangements for you. Call your date from the hotel or meet at the location you have already agreed to. If the location seems inappropriate or unsafe, trust your instincts. Always make sure a friend or family member knows your plans and has your contact information. And if possible, carry a mobile phone at all times.
- Never do anything that makes you feel unsure or unsafe - Use your best judgment to diffuse the situation and get out of there. Excuse yourself to call a friend for advice, ask someone else on the scene for help or just leave. Never worry or feel embarrassed about your behavior; your safety is much more important than one person's opinion of you.
Now that you know how to stay safe while gay networking, it’s a good time to start chatting with hot, sexy gay men who are eagerly waiting to talk to you. If you’re new to Interactive Male, you can connect to our gay hotline numbers and start your discreet, safe relationship with a free trial offer.